Who We Are
MetalCor Building Systems is a high quality, best in service metal building systems provider. We offer competitively priced pre-fabricated steel buildings. With over 35 years of in house metal building experience, MetalCor is a flexible and highly efficient team analyzing and responding to all our customer needs.
What We Do
MetalCor provides customers sustainable cost effective pre-engineered buildings of the highest quality, providing quick reliable quotes for your standard or custom metal building projects. We are eager to assist you in ensuring your metal building needs are met with the highest of satisfaction. With the necessary industry knowledge, we strive to work on a personal level to establish convenient and affordable metal building solutions.
Our commitment to excellence is our number one priority when servicing our customers. Metalcor is dedicated to provide the necessary professional advice, supplying our customers with high quality steel manufactured by the largest manufacturing companies in the industry for over 150 years. With available extensive fabricating facilities across North America, MetalCor has the means to offer its customers cost effective freight and quick delivery schedules. Respect is earned, honesty is appreciated, and trust is gained when selecting MetalCor as your metal buildings provider. At MetalCor it is our duty to exceed your expectations. We recognize that the customer takes precedence, which is why we are not satisfied until you are.
Build Your Career With MetalCor
MetalCor Building Systems is a high quality, best in service metal building provider. We offer competitively priced pre-fabricated steel buildings. We strive on being a highly efficient team by analyzing and responding to our customer needs. We are committed to providing our customers with the best service.
Why Join Our Team?
The value of our service is equal to the value of our people. We aim to create an environment that people like to spend time and excel in. Our workplace reflects who we are and how we work, with open collaborative space, creativity and engaging discussion is promoted. We offer group RRSP, flexible hours, health and dental benefits, and much more. With our continued growth there is room for the growth of our employees as well.
We love meeting focused individuals who want to be a part of our team. MetalCor encourages applications from people wanting to work in the steel building industry.
“At MetalCor, I get to work and learn in a fast paced environment where growth and innovation is the root of the company. I am constantly supported by my coworkers, it’s a great environment to work in!”
MetalCor Building Systems is currently looking for a Junior/Intermediate Drafter-Detailer. The Drafters primary responsibility is the inputting of building designs provided by Engineering. Prepare higher complexity erection/fabrication drawings per design requirements and within manufacturing limitations. Detail building components, prepare material take-offs and bill of material. Adhere to and apply drafting standards, processes and procedures.
• Responsibilities: Prepare anchor bolt layout and erection drawings for projects of all complexities. Prepare fabrication drawings that follow the design and are within the manufacturing limitations. Prepare cladding drawings with required flashing details. Prepare material take-offs and bill of material. Check work of other Drafters/Detailers as required. Adhere to drafting standards/templates, software, processes and procedures.
• Attributes: Detail oriented. Strong interpersonal skills. Clear and effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to recognize and adhere to established deadlines and schedules. Effective task management skills. Accountable and Reliable.
• Qualifications: 3 Year Architectural Technician Diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2 years drafting experience in structural steel buildings. Revit and AutoCAD 2017 skills required. Ability to interpret project specification and drawings. Ability to multi-task between orders as needed.
Our sales team is currently looking for an account sales representative, with proven skills managing account sales, new and existing client relations and closing techniques to join our organization.
• Responsibilities: Manage customer interaction through phone calls and site visits. Build and maintain strong customer relationships with new and existing customers. Full and complete dedication to learning our products and services. Demonstrates dedication to project comprehension as well as the wants and needs of customers. Collaborate across the sales team and internal partners to drive sales. Generate and submits bids to customers as requested. Attention to detail and devoted to tight project deadlines. Develops and maintains product knowledge in order to provide MetalCor’s available services, pricing structures for effective selling strategy. Respond in a timely manner to all clients and potential clients inquiries. Manage business activities via the company’s CRM.
• Attributes: Looks beyond obstacles and maintains sales objectives; flexibility to think outside the box. Strong interpersonal skills. Clear and effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to recognize and adhere to deadlines and schedules. Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision. Effective task management skills. Accountable and reliable.
• Qualifications: English speaking. Professional with ability to present and negotiate with clients of diverse background. Highly collaborative and team building sales in a professional environment. Demonstrate strength in the midst of complex and stressful situations.
• Responsibilities: Set up and operate machines or equipment for a pre-fabricated steel building manufacturing facility. Operate production line daily to ensure targets are being met, while still maintaining a high safety standard. Overlook production processes, develop action to ensure quality, efficiency and safety. Develop and implement quality control programs. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with contractual obligations, building and safety codes and other regulations (A660, etc.). Manage employees, equipment, processes and materials. Demonstrate ability to communicate with customers and suppliers on quality, capacity and performance. Report to MetalCor plant management daily on production and targets each day.
• Attributes: Detail oriented. Clear and effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to recognize and adhere to established deadlines and schedules. Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision. Effective task management skills. Accountable, punctual and reliable.
• Qualifications:Experiences with new equipment installation and plant setup. Operate machinery. Experienced in conducting scheduling and production assembly lines. Highly collaborative and team building in a professional environment. Demonstrate strength in the midst of complex and stressful situations.
• Responsibilities: • Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
• Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs and navigate construction job site terrain
• Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site
• Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew
• Provide labour support as needed for specialty crew
• Perform general maintenance of construction tools
• Work well with co-workers and tradesman within the workplace
• Follow explicit instructions
• Requirements: • High school diploma/GED preferred • 2+ years’ construction industry experience preferred, but not a necessity • Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures • Ability to operate, essential tools such as frills, impact drivers, shears, variety of hand tools and other metal installation tools • Installation of metal panels and accessories