Varying climates throughout the year make insulating your steel building a requirement. Choosing the right material depending on the use of your building is a very important consideration. Whether you are using your building as a workshop or for agricultural purposes, there is an insulation that will work best for you.
FACED FIBERGLASS BLANKET INSULATIONLaminated fiberglass insulation is a widely used form of insulation. This type of insulation blanket is used in a variety of installation methods; however, it is typically installed between the structural steel or wood and the roof or wall material. Hot melt adhesive lamination provides a smoother finish allowing the fiberglass blanket to be installed with appropriate droop while still providing a clean interior appearance.
- Suitable for metal buildings, conventional construction and post and beam structures,
- Most popular facings are stocked, including scrim reinforced
- Special facings are also available
- Wide range of R-range from R8 to R30
- Roll widths 3’, 4’, 5’ and 6’ cut to length
- Single and double tabs
- Self adhesive tape tabs from 1”- 6”
- Double-faced patch tape available
BENEFITS OF REFLECTIVE INSULATION INCLUDE:
- Non-absorbent to moisture
- Superior fire ratings
- For residential applications, minimizes and helps correct heat transfer problems - can dramatically lower attic temperature
- Slim profile makes it easy to fit between roof sheets and purlins of metal buildings; not affected by compression
- Widely used in metal buildings as a condensation blanket
- Addresses three modes of heat transfer - radiation, conduction and convection
- Lightweight, smaller rolls are easier to ship
- Staple or lap-tab application
Reflective Insulation consists of a fiberglass core bonded to either of two exterior layers of 99% pure aluminum or one layer of aluminum and one layer of durable white scrim-reinforced facing material.
Reflective insulation reduces heat gain and improves comfort which aids in animal productivity. Reflective insulation is the perfect way to protect your investment.
In addition to new construction, older homes have problem areas where comfort is compromised. Use reflective insulation to correct these problems by blocking heat gain or loss. This product is so versatile that you will want to keep it handy for use on every job!
High performance reflective insulation consists of a 1/4” fiberglass core bonded to either two exterior layers of 99% pure aluminum or one layer of aluminum and one layer of durable white scrim reinforced facing material.
Add more R-value to your existing building quickly and easily with RTS
RTS is one of the industry’s most proven roof and wall systems with millions of square feet installed.RTS provides energy efficiency and a finished interior appearance. Accommodating up to 12” of uncompressed insulation, RTS provides an effective thermal barrier for energy efficient roof and wall construction. RTS consists of an exterior panel and a liner panel, separated by thermal spacers. Various thicknesses of metal building insulation can be accommodated between the two panels with minimum through-metal contact. RTS reduces heat loss through the envelope compared to traditional metal building insulation systems so that smaller heating/cooling units that consume less energy may be used, reducing initial and building operating costs. RTS helps control condensation through vapor retardation. The interior liner panel supports and protects insulation while providing an attractive, easy-to-clean interior finish. Intended for both new and retrofit construction, cost-effective RTS is easily customized to provide the level of energy efficiency required for your building
Advantages of Robertson Thermal System (RTS)
- RTS can be used for both new and retrofit construction
- Accommodates up to R-43 (R-13 + R-30) fiberglass insulation and has a tested U-factor of 0.0321 BTU/ hr-ft2-F (0.1825 W/m2-K)
- Standing seam and through-fastened panel roof systems available
- Concealed fastener and exposed fastener wall systems available
- Well-insulated buildings consume less energy, resulting in lower operating costs
- Insulation can help reduce noise transmission
- RTS clip designed for minimal through-metal contact
- RTS clips in 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12” heights allow selection of desired energy efficiency levels
- Simple construction details enable fast installation
- Interior liner attached to the top of purlins acts as a working platform for ease of installation
- Liner panel on inside of building protects insulation and provides an attractive, durable, clean interior
- Steel liner panel acts as a diaphragm to reduce the need for structural bracing, reducing cost
- No shut-down required during re-roof